The Joseph Parsons Mathematics Assistance Center
AKA "The Math Lab" - Quick Facts
- Extra support in Math provided free to all UNC Asheville students.
- A drop-in service, no appointment is necessary.
- Extensive hours of operation.
- Friendly, affable support regardless of previous math background or aptitude.
- Convenient, pleasant location on the 3rd floor of Robinson overlooking the Quad. (RBH 323)
- An informal atmosphere with coffee and tea available.
- A great place to do homework or study with a group.
- Supervised by a math instructor, often with student tutors.
- Call 828.232.5191 for more information or email the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application to become a math tutor.
Summer 2018 Hours
The Math Lab will reopen for the summer on Tuesday June 5th and remain open until Tuesday July 17th (except July 4th). The hours of operation will be Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Fall 2018 Hours
Monday to Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Parsons Math Lab will be closed Labor Day weekend, Fall Break, and Thanksgiving break. However, we will open on the Sunday before classes right after Thanksgiving.
The Parsons Math Lab Dedication
On March 27, 2007, the Math Department, the Chancellor, and the Board of Governors of UNC Asheville dedicated the Math Lab in honor of Joe Parsons. We in the department could think of no better way to honor Joe's great dedication to the university and its students. The Math Lab, like Joe, has grown to represent what is exceptional about UNC Asheville - a caring environment where students and faculty can work together. Joe was known to students as a wonderful teacher with a good sense of humor. He would have been right at home in the Math Lab.