The Joseph Parsons Mathematics Assistance Center
AKA "The Math Lab" - Quick Facts
- Extra help in Math provided free to all UNC Asheville students.
- A drop-in service, no appointment is necessary.
- Extensive hours of operation.
- Friendly, affable help regardless of previous math background or aptitude.
- Convenient, pleasant location on the 3rd floor of Robinson overlooking the Quad. (RBH 323)
- An informal atmosphere with coffee and tea available.
- A great place to do homework or study with a group.
- Supervised by a math instructor, often with student helpers.
- Call 828.232.5191 for more information or email the Director at email@example.com.
- Complete the application to become a math tutor.
Spring 2017 Hours
Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 9:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm. See our Schedule page for regular hours.
The Parsons Math Lab Dedication
On March 27, 2007, the Math Department, the Chancellor, and the Board of Governors of UNC Asheville dedicated the Math Lab in honor of Joe Parsons. We in the department could think of no better way to honor Joe's great dedication to the university and its students. The Math Lab, like Joe, has grown to represent what is exceptional about UNC Asheville - a caring environment where students and faculty can work together. Joe was known to students as a wonderful teacher with a good sense of humor. He would have been right at home in the Math Lab.