Math Lab live remote tutoring is available through Google Hangouts.
Welcome to the Parsons Math Assistance Center (aka The Math Lab) located at Robinson Hall 323. If you are taking a math course at UNC Asheville or even a course that involves math, then you should visit the center! We are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Math Lab Summer Hours (Term III Only)
Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
At the lab, there are great tutors ready to assist you in your mathematics travails. There is also great coffee! No appointment is necessary, so feel free to drop by. We are always looking for a good math problem.
Rudy Beharrysingh, Director Math Assistance Center
- Extra support in Math provided free to all UNC Asheville students.
- A drop-in service, no appointment is necessary.
- Extensive hours of operation.
- Friendly, affable support regardless of previous math background or aptitude.
- Convenient, pleasant location on the 3rd floor of Robinson overlooking the Quad. (RBH 323)
- An informal atmosphere with coffee and tea available.
- A great place to do homework or study with a group.
- Supervised by a math instructor, often with student tutors.
- Call firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information or email the Director at
- Complete the application to become a math tutor.
The Parson Math Lab Dedication
On March 27, 2007, the Math Department, the Chancellor, and the Board of Governors of UNC Asheville dedicated the Math Lab in honor of Joe Parsons. We in the department could think of no better way to honor Joe’s great dedication to the university and its students. The Math Lab, like Joe, has grown to represent what is exceptional about UNC Asheville—a caring environment where students and faculty can work together. Joe was known to students as a wonderful teacher with a good sense of humor. He would have been right at home in the Math Lab.